CAE-Maritime provides an alternative to shore power (in other words, an Alternative Maritime Power Equivalent) at berths for ocean going vessels that cannot or choose not to use shore power for the following reasons:
- Ships are not wired for shore power.
- Shipping companies do not want the expense of converting to shore power.
- Terminals have no shore power available.
- When a ship is not regulated for shore power, but would like to operate with minimal environmental impact.
- When shore power is over-stressed and is unable to provide for additional demand.
- When a port desires increased business with non-compliant shipping companies.